Commercial Finance- Business Partner (KJ53)
Finance Business Partner
Are you an experienced and ambitious Finance professional looking for your next challenge? My client is looking for someone who can drive appropriate decision-making and transformation across the company by acting as a key link between finance and the business.
Looking for an individual who is dynamic, has personal impact and can gain and maintain credibility across the business. You will need to have strong analytical skills but also must be a strong communicator, able to draw out key risks and opportunities from complex business information. You will need to be proactive in supporting, influencing and challenging senior management. The role will allow you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the business and industry through building working relationships at all levels within the company.
Business Partnering Responsibilities
- Provide challenge and support to senior managers across the organisation , to drive business efficiency and financial challenge. You will promote a collaborative culture, whilst maintaining an independent viewpoint.
- Proactively work with stakeholders in the wider business to measure and understand business performance and business risk
- Prepare analysis, develop understanding and communicate variances to expectations.
- Develop an understanding of the business and its internal and external drivers in order to challenge performance and provide clarity and insight
- Understand and challenge data sources and assumptions to ensure reporting is robust, consistent and supportable
- Communicate clearly, accurately and appropriate business performance to the business, executive and other stakeholders
- Working with the Asset Management team, jointly drive the investment appraisal framework
- Provide critical appraisal of and input to key decision making throughout the business
- Continually improve efficiency and automation of reporting, and quality of analysis and insight;
Planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
The successful candidate will also play a key role in the planning, forecasting and reporting of the company, including be part of the team responsible for
- Preparing the 5 year regulatory business plan
- Preparing the Annual budgets to enable the business to optimise its financial resources and prepare plans to address material financial risks and opportunities.
- Agreeing the annual capital programme, working closely with other departments and managers
- Using knowledge and insight into the business, preparing quarterly financial forecasts reflecting latest views of company performance;
- Developing a suite of financial modelling tools to provide robust and flexible financial forecasts for in-year and longer term time horizons
You will also have opportunity to participate, and occasionally lead in ad hoc projects throughout the business, long term planning, finance system implementations, major capital expenditures and provide expert input on accounting, internal control and reporting.
You will also need to develop an understanding of the contractual relationship with external partners in order to ensure the commercial impact is understood and optimised and support the Head of FP&A, CFO and Financial Controller so that appropriate financial controls are in place across the company.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified ACA, ACMA, ACCA with PQE and educated to degree level
- Energetic and inquisitive individual, who has the ability to proactively identify issues and seek answers and solutions
- Strong technical skills, including advanced excel; modelling experience is a benefit
- Able to focus on detail but also to understand the wider commercial picture
- Capable of determining priorities from conflicting work demands
- Able to articulate complex issues to stakeholders, with experience in communicating with and influencing non-finance colleagues
- Ability to work well in a team or unsupervised
- Strong team skills, willing to work in a collegiate, balanced manner to build trust and support
- Ability to work accurately and at pace with the drive and imagination to continually improve business processes, seeking to propose, justify and implement changes where appropriate
- Commercially astute with evidence of assisting a business to improve performance
- Customer focussed attitude
- Experience of reporting and analysing large and complex capital programmes is a benefit
Apply for this Vacancy
Contact us directly on 07976 749 597 or firstname.lastname@example.org