Internal Audit & Risk Manager (KJ52)
As part of the Group Finance function, this role will report into Financial Controller shaping the control and risk framework within finance and the business. This is a new role aimed at working alongside the system transformation to identify new and ongoing processes and controls across the organisation as well as its risk profile.
The Internal Audit Manager will not only create and implement a robust financial controls environment across all key financial planning and accounting processes but will also extend such controls across the operational side of the business, and be responsible for documenting, continuously monitoring, auditing and improving processes on an ongoing basis.
This is an exciting time as the finance department aims to provide the best partnering and support to the wider business, through relationship building, system enhancements and process improvements. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to build and support our team.
The core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of a controls environment across all finance and wider organisational processes, and embed these across the Group businesses
- Identify associated risk and control weaknesses, preparing a response to these through mitigation and process improvements.
- Develop and implement a consistent method of documenting, analysing and reporting on all financial and operational controls to the Financial Controller and senior finance team
- Develop an annual risk and controls audit process and implement across the business, reporting on outcomes and tracking corrective/preventative actions agreed
- Provide advice and guidance to finance managers and key business departments on all aspects of risk and control in financial and organisational processes and act as subject expert on key projects and tasks when required
- Create a set of control methods, tools and training which can be used both within the Finance function and in the business by managers to deliver a consistent approach to financial practice
- Create and continually update an organisation wide manual of processes and controls to be adhered to and implemented across the organisation.
- Work alongside the auditors to provide evidence of developments and process improvements and identify future opportunities for improvements.
Essential Skills & Expertise
- Experienced in internal controls and/or internal audit practice
- Demonstrable experience in at least one area of Accounting, Financial Management and Financial Reporting practice
- Track record of delivering improvement across operational and core financial processes (use of root cause analysis)
- Experience of presenting to senior management
- Experience of building and maintaining good working relationships within own function and across the business
- Hands on IT skills to produce process flows and necessary documentation to support the control documentation (Microsoft suite)
Desirable (but not essential) Skills & Expertise
- Be ACA qualified or similar
- Risk Management or Internal audit qualification (eg IIA certification in Internal audit and risk management)
- Compliance/Controls monitoring experience
Apply for this Vacancy
Contact us directly on 07976 749 597 or email@example.com