Group Financial Controller (KJ50)
As part of the Group Finance function, this role will form a pivotal part of the finance leadership team. The role will manage a small team that covers the Financial control of statutory accounts, lender compliance, asset reporting, regulatory, Tax and corporate accounting.
This is an exciting time for the company and the finance department. We aim to build a best in class team, supporting the business during a period of rapid growth, investment in systems and process improvements. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to identify opportunities and drive them through to completion.
The core responsibilities include:
- Helping to set the agenda for change across the financial and management accounting teams.
- Supporting the transformation of the finance system, including reviewing the chartered accounts and identification of opportunities to future proof our process and controls.
- Preparation and publication of timely Statutory and Regulatory reporting ensuring financial compliance
- External audit liaison - Including management of auditors and tax advisors
- Ensuring the organisation’s financial affairs and assets are well managed.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and implement continuous financial audit and control systems to monitor the performance of the organisation.
- Manage the review of group cash-flow forecasting and treasury management.
- Corporate finance, managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Tax activities including VAT, withholding tax, corporation tax and structuring for ongoing and development/M&A purposes.
- Establishing a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, advisors, and banks.
- Collaborate closely with Strategic Finance function on budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Manage and develop Group Finance function (c.6 staff).
Essential Skills & Expertise
- Qualified accountant with +5 years PQE.
- An experienced manager leading a finance function delivering high performance and continuous improvement.
- Track record of success in a similar role and demonstrable career progression within a finance function
- Demonstrable and in-depth experience of:
- Accounting practices
- Financial management and best practice
- Financial reporting requirements
- Track record of achievements through others and of building positive working relationships, supported by excellent communication skills (written, spoken, presentation)
- Experience of delivering fit for purpose reports and advice to senior management.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to rapidly interpret, concisely explain and act on complex information.
- Change management specifically ERP systems, teams, process and controls.
Apply for this Vacancy
Contact us directly on 07976749597 or email@example.com